[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CQ (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 02:38:47 -0500
From: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: CQ

To all,
I am putting out a CQ (Coiler Quest) for Jerry Gore.
Jerry has either changed his url or is no longer on the
internet. Jerry is the creator of the Online Calculator
which he let me put up on my homepage about a year ago
or so.

A fellow coiler stopped by and noticed a problem for
calculating a rolled 2 plate capacitor. The calculation
works ok for plate caps but for a rolled cap consisting
of 2 plates, each side of the plate serves essentially
as a conductor and when rolled, the calculation should
therefore take into acount 4 plates. The fix is to
manually multiply the end result by 2. But I would like
to discuss with Jerry a way of automating this. My
scripting capabilities are limited, but if I can't find
Jerry, I may need to modify it myself.

So with that said, does anyone know what happened to
Jerry Gore? Jerry, are you out there?

Thanks,
Bart