[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Finished Coil in Eau Claire, WI

----------
From:  Patrick J. Gustafson [SMTP:gustafpj-at-uwec.edu]
Sent:  Thursday, May 28, 1998 1:13 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Finished Coil in Eau Claire, WI

Hello all:

Well, I finally finished re-winding my 6.625" secondary with #22 magnet
wire, instead of the proposed #28.  The winding length is around 21.5"
and I'm getting the common 40" discharges with 15kV at 60mA.  I'm quite
pleased since this is my first coil.  I demonstrated the coil to some of
the professors and some students and they thought it was one of the
coolest demo's they had ever seen.  Too bad I have to leave it behind in
Eau Claire.  Thanks to everyone on this list for helping me build this
thing, it turned out rather well.  I'm finishing my electrical
engineering degree in Madison and I will not have time to work on
another coil, but I am going to try my hand at magnifiers when I'm
done.  So until then, hope everyone has a good summer and I'll be back
on the list in about a year and a half to two years.

Patrick Gustafson