[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2kw tubes

----------
From:  Grayson Dietrich [SMTP:greystone21-at-rocketmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, May 28, 1998 2:28 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  2kw tubes

A friend of mine, who wroks on radio transmitters,
recently heard that I was interested in tesla coils
and offered to procure some 2kw tubes for me, free of
charge. They would be pretty used, I believe he said
something akin to the thorium on the filament being
eroded, but if I were to increase the filament
voltage I should be able to get them to emit.  Untill
then, I had shied away from the possibility of
building a vacuum tube coil, as triodes can be very
expensive. Now, I have a source for the tubes, plus
the guy might also give a huge 6000v 3-phase
transformer he seemed to think could be modified for
use as a plate transformer, but I am at a loss for
information on how to design a vacuum tube coil at
these power levels. Really, I was just thinking of
using one tube, and not running it at the full 2kw.
Could anyone offer help?
Grayson