[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: foil enamal caps

  Original Poster: BAREN01-at-aol-dot-com

 I have been playing with the idea, lately, of making a staked plate
capacitor,
 with enamal, or varnish for a dialalectric.  If any one has already tried
 this, or anything similar, please tell me.
 Ramsey

Hi Ramsey, all,

Although this might work ( I donīt know what dielectric properties varnish has
at 60-200 khz and more inportant how lossy it might be), how would you go
about making a even coating on every sheet. I mean, you will need more
accuaracy than +/- 1/2 mm for a dielectric coating.
Second thoughts: How stable is varnish in oil? I would guess it would start to
flake off after a while (esp. if you would build a rolled cap, as this would
stress the varnish, further)

But why not try it ?

Build a small test cap and mishandle it, as hard as you can, making notes of
every step you take and the results.

Let us know.

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard