[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Halloween night, CP cap {con,de}struction

   Hello Chip,

          Too bad about your capacitors--you mean they actually blew up, like
bombs or something?  Maybe some kind of plastic cage, that you could see
through to inspect the operation, should be placed over caps like this for
added

safety?

        Anyway, I was wondering how long your sparks were?  And after seeing
the sturdy construction of your homemake capacitors, were you just curious
about

the commercial caps (to use them)?

       I guess one could conclude that commercial caps work quite well, but
are
not
good for long-term applications heavily requiring cooling, etc.?

      Well, keep up the, err, interesting work!  ;-)