[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Halloween night, CP cap {con,de}struction

Hi Ed,

> Original Poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

<snip>
>     I bought a couple of those capacitors, and never got any details on any
> recall.  Can anyone help?

One of mine suddenly gained some capacitance during a run and ignited
a secondary at the base for some reason. It settled back to the
original value after a couple of days but was obviously sick. I faxed
the company and they agreed to take them back. I got replacements
with smaller studs. This was after I expressed alarm and a couple of
caps beloging to others had exploded. I was concerned to get units
with integrity within the guarantee period. CP honoured the guarantee
to the letter.

Malcolm