[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tuning and Performance Questions (6.5" coil)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Basura, Brian" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I've been tuning my 6.5" coil and have reached a new personal best of
> consistent 60" strikes to a grounded rod with 1.6kva input.

<big snip>
Brian, just wanted to pass on my congrats!  It seems like a nice setup. A 6.5"
with a 4.2 ratio sounds like pretty geometry to me. 1.6kva at 60" strikes
sounds
like pretty good performance. Regarding the safety gap, .3" might be able
to be
extended some, but not much. Experiment and how comfortable you are with your
caps will tell the story here. I'll let the others respond who have far more
experience than I. Mainly wanted to say good job!
Bart