[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ballast

In a message dated 11/3/98 10:12:07 PM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  I've heard of people
>  shorting out the secondary on welders but surely this then presents zero
>  inductive impedance then.  Any thoughts?
>
>  Regards
>
>  Viv Watts UK
Hi Viv, all,
I was wondering the same thing about MOT's.   I keep hearing about people
popping breakers when using MOT's with the secondary shorted.  I would have
thought that a resistor, or even some type of reactive load on the secondary
would reflect some impedance back to the primary and prevent drawing too much
current.  I haven't heard of anyone trying this.  Why?  Someone please educate
me.
Mike