[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Small-ish polyprop. caps

Hi Sam,
	I am experimenting with smaller poly caps too.  I just got a batch today
and am wiring them together tonight (160  0.1uF 630V to give 0.01uF at
25000v).  Richard Hull and Bill Richards of TCBOR also experimented with
this many years ago, apparently with good results.  I don't think they used
polpropylene.  They put the caps stings in oil.  I am trying it in air at
first since it would be much easiler if it works.  There was a thread last
week about this.  Contact me if you missed it and I'll resend the posts to
you.  I am putting 10 Meg resistors across each cap to be sure stray or
unbalance voltages can't build up in individual caps over time and blow
them out.  I'll report what happens to my experiment soon.

	Terry