[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bylund Solid State Mag.

Richard wrote:

>Duane Bylund wrote a valuable article, on a solid state TC
driver-Magnifier
>in the September 1991 issue of Radio-Electronics magazine. There may have
>been follow-up articles or other articles in other magazines.<

I don't know if its the same circuit but he does include details of his
solid state
work in his book "Modern Tesla Coil Theory" - the content of the book is
excellent but the presentation is poor - (duplicated). It's available from
the
Internal Tesla Society. It uses conventional NPN power transistors, driven
from a 3524 pwm chip with mosfet buffers.

International Tesla Society FAX USA 719 475-0582 -
they take cards too.
(airmail $7.25 first item $2.50 other items)
Duane Bylund: Modern Tesla Coil Theory 140 pages -
good on theory and practical - covers valve (tube) and
solid state designs as well as Spark Gaps.
(poor quality print - great content) $19.95
This is the must have book for solid state coiling.

Have fun,

Alan Sharp

http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/alansharp/