[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Nitrogen laser power level and gas mixture

In a message dated 11/6/98 2:14:33 PM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I got my Dewar Flask, 1.5L, keeps cryos for a week of use or 15 days
>  static for 400 dollars, but you can get them cheaper if you don't want a
>  long storage time

Thermos bottles with the glass liners ARE Dewar flasks, only a lot cheaper.
Just don't seal the lid   :).  Use a cork that can pop if pressure builds up,
or better, bore a small hole in the cork to vent the pressure.
I have used the plastic lined ones for cryogenic work using dry ice/acetone,
but don't recommend trying them with liquid nitrogen.
Mike