[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor construction?

Hi David,

	Your primary cap "could" be as large as 10nF with that transformer which
would give out more output.  Perhaps not a big deal for now.

	Your primary might have to be 9.5 to 10.5 turns for your system so I would
invest in adding those extra turns.  Better too many than too few.

	Black plastic is best avoided but give it a try since you have tons on hand.

	You toroid should be fine for now.

	Your secondary seems pretty short to me but give it a try.

	Set the spark and saftey gaps pretty small at first.  Better safe than
sorry.  If you have a variac it is much easier to control things.  If not,
stay very conservative.  I live at 5500 feet so I can't really suggest gap
widths well.  Others will probably suggest these.  I would go for 1/8" main
and 1/4" safety at first.  This will get things started fairly safely.

	Terry