[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Equa-drive system

Hello All,

    I have incorporated my properly ballasted 5 Kva pig.  I got one of
Richard Hulls tapes on magnifiers.  I have be building magnifiers for a
couple of years with good luck.  Now the old system used a water pipe as
ground, 10 kv,300ma input, and ran like a champ with an intense 6'
streamers for 30 minutes with out  any problems.
    With a 14.4 Kv input and an equa-drive set up I can't get hardly
anything out of it but an occasional thin 6 inch streamer.  So I went back
to my old tank configuration with one cap.  This I did because I know it
worked and where the tuning was.  Guess what; it still had the same poor
preference.
    One thing is I have three grounding rods separated  8 ft apart and
soldered together.  A good solid rf ground.  Maybe this is the problem, I
don't know.  I have added a quench gap in series with the rotory,  could
the problem lye here?
    I suspected that with the higher power the quench is a lot harder to
get,  but that is why I put in the quench gap.  It has eight pipes ( 1.75"
dia x 2"long) and has a plenum with a 150 cfm blower forcing air through
the 1/8" gaps.
    Anyone has a clue as to the short coming of my "up-grade".  Any help is
as always greatly appreciated.  By the way, the TCBOR tapes are worth the
money,  especially those of new experience to TC's.

Thanks,

Dwight