[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: VARIAC's

In a message dated 11/12/98 8:53:44 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: Gordon King <gking-at-impulse-dot-net>

 Hello,
 I found a salvage yard (Central California) that has about seven motor
 driven ganged variacs.  Each ganged array has six variacs with spec listed
 below. The guy is asking $200 bucks for one array.  Does anyone have the
 tech specs for the catalog number listed below?  There are 7 terminals on
 the front of each variac.  I not sure what terminal post does what.
 Thanks

 General Electric:
 Catalog number: 9T92467G51

 Input Voltage: 240/480 VAC
 Output Voltage: 0 - 480 VAC
 Output Current: 30 Amps

 Motor Drive:
 120 VAC
 About 20 sec cycle end to end.

 Gordon King >>

Gordon,

If you are saying that six variacs each with a 240 volt / 30 amp rating are
available for $200.00 - and they are good as in not burned up - it is the deal
of the century.  This is $33.33 each.  You could sell them all day long on
this list for two or three times that.  Shipping may be a problem as they are
quite heavy.  They sound very similar in rating to the Superior (Powerstat)
units that many of us have.

Ed Sonderman