[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First Coil Works --Tuning Help

To me, it looks like you need more primary cap.  If those gallon jugs
are what I think they are they got realy thick walls.  I'd go with some
2L pop bottles.  Also, I wouldn't use 2 NSTs without a protection
curcuit of some type.  More pri. coil could help also, but I'd try the
caps first because its real easy to build one with a 2L bottle.  Just
put some salt and hot water in the bottle, skrew on the lid and shake to
dissolve.
What kind of results to you get with the bigger toriod?  It will lower
the reson. freq. of the secondary coil.  If you get better results then
you primary res. freq. is too low and you'll need less pri. cap. or
inductance.  If you get worse results then you're pri. res. freq. is to
high and you need more cap. or inductance.  Hope this helps.  Hope I'm
know what I'm typing about.

Chris, via the inter-thingy