[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Capacitor material

Hi all,

This is my first post to this list but I have been reading for the last
few weeks and collecting materials for my first coil. I have a sheet of
copper clad ceramic loaded teflon material used microwave circuit
boards. The dielectric constant is 6.15 and it has extremely low losses
since it is used at microwave. The thickness is 25 mil. I have two
boards that measure .015 uf each.

How suitable is this for a TC capacitor? How can I estimate the
breakdown voltage? Can I assume 800 to 1KV per mil?

I also have several 500pf doorknob caps. They were easy to come by and I
seem to remember Bert Pool talking about using them. I see so much talk
about other types of cap's that there must be some drawbacks or else
everyone would use them.

Bill