[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pole Pigs

Hi All, Especially UK coilers,
    I visited the Auction today which was posted on this list at AllenWest
Ltd.  This was a transformer manufacturer of pigs to power station
transformers.  Well I seem to be out bid on most things.  The most
disappointing was a 3 ganged variac (25amps each) which I bid to £85 then
chickened out.  This would have been a coilers paradise except everything of
material nature was like one ton pallets of stuff.

Anyway not actually in the auction because of a dispute over ownership was
completed pole pigs.  Their was 26 off 16KVA 11KV new (4 months old) filled
with oil etc. never been raced or rallied pole pigs.  They were made for
South Wales Electricity Board.  I offered £50 for one which was politely
declined with the statement that the scrap value would be £160.  However in
the auction a transformer the size of a  house went for £150 which would
have had an enormous scrap value at his pig rate.  So I propose still
formally making an offer between £50 to £150 for a new pig.  They weigh
158kg each.  Making an offer for a several may enhance the chance.  So if
anyone in the UK wants a new pig clean enough to put in their living room
email me off-list and I'll make them an offer and see what comes of it.
Note the price offered is subject to their commission plus value added tax
so the price will be +25% what we offer.  Also the transport will have to be
considered.

Regards

Viv Watts UK.