[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Beginner's Tesla coil -First Light!

>> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <terryf-at-verinet-dot-com>
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>         10 inch arcs out of a GM HEI ignition coil!!

This is all very nice, but I want to know if any of you DC guys have a
plan that will allow me to mount one of these ten inch arching coils on
top of my car.  That would totally be a killer.

<<<< I hope this coil will eventually run off batteries.  You would have to
keep the oil in place and all that but this should be possible.  Beware
that this thing can probably put out 150+kV.  This could damage a newer
car's electronics if you were not careful (an arc to the antenna would be
bad :-)).  Also note that this thing works at only 10kHz.  You WILL feel a
major jolt from this coil unlike its bigger brothers up at 300kHz.
Although, I think we all pretty much agree that Tesla coils are not good to
touch these days. - Terry >>>>