[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: EWB; better than priced bread. Yes and a demo is for free

Hi Dwight, all

Whats even better: you can get a demo version for zero $$$.(yup, for FREE).

I havenīt used it in a while (and canīt remember the URL), but I downloaded
from the internet. I suppose a good search engine should be able to find it.

The only restrictions I know of are: the number of parts (limited to 100 I
believe) you can use at one time and you canīt print out a parts list. One
definate advantage of this program compared to MicroSim (8.0) is it is much
easier to use (It has more the drag and drop features while drawing and
working with your schematic).

I have not been able to compare the accuracy, however.

As it is (a lot !!) shorter than MicroSim you can download it much faster
(plus the MicroSim FTP site has lots of problems during download, even if you
go for the 13 smaller files)

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard

"
     Hi All,

        For the last month I have had the fortune of using a new modeling
 program that I bought for work (NRL).  The software is "Electronic Work
 Bench".  There are pop-down symbols for all components and you just start
 drawing your circuit as you would on a piece of paper.  You can edit any of
 the components including magnet core transformers and nonmagnetic core
 transformers.  It has an extensive inventory of passive and active
components.
     Just to test it, I made a 2 meter three conductor strip line HV pulser.
  I used a 5 KV supply and charged it through a 1 M resistor and fired it
 with a peaking spark gap.  I also tapered the output stage of the line by a
 factor of 100 to give me a voltage gain of 10; Vout = sqt(Zin/Zout).
     I took some data of a few shots on a TDS 460 DSO.  I then used
 Electronic work bench(EWB)to mode the circuit.  EWB has a scope as many
 other diagnostics and I looked at the output from the mode.  I could not
 believe what I had seen.  It was identical to the data that I collected
 both in time series and in amplitude prediction.  I was amazed because I am
 an experimentalist by profession and it is rare that theory gets you with
 in a factor of 2.  Rarer still is the increasable moments when theory
 predicts exactly what you measure.

 Here is the info for the software:

 Electronic Work Bench (personal addition for circuit simulation)
 Price $299.00
 Phone (416)977-5550

 Hope this will interest some of you,
 Dwight