[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier Questions

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Paul R. Eitson" <xyme2-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> Am I correct in understanding that a magnifying transmitter produces a
> high amperage alternating current?
>
>  Would it be possible to convert this high amp. alternating current to
> direct current?

Paul,

I am sorry for the delay in answering.  I had put your message in one of
my to be answered bins and was cleaning up the directory and found your
query.

It would be possible to rectify the high voltage, but no rectifier exists
which can handle the peak voltages.  Also the capacitive load of a
rectifier would load the circuit so much that the voltage would really
plunge.

Richard Hull, TCBOR