[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

IMPORTANT: RESEARCH ON WHAT?

From: Marco Denicolai-at-MARTIS on 23.11.98 09:10

To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
cc:
Subject:  IMPORTANT: RESEARCH ON WHAT?

To make a long story brief, I'll just tell you that the High Voltage
Institute of Helsinki (part of the Helsinki University of Technology) is
interested in Tesla Coils.

They are going to support me financially in order to build one (or more)
Tesla Coils and to make extensive research on it. That will constitute my
PhD thesis.

They have got facilities and measurement instruments we have always been
dreaming about and they are researching only about high voltage and related
topics.

Having such a great opportunity I have to lay down a proposal about WHAT I
am going to research about and here I need YOUR help, because, after all, I
am just a beginner who has built one TC only.

My questions are:

1. What is still not understood about Tesla Coils and what would be worth
investigating about? In that laboratory I am confident I could, for
instance, measure all the parameters of a TC you have always been dreaming
about and try to make a model of it.

2. Would it be more challenging insteas of a 2-coil TC to build and measure
a 3-coil TC (Magnifier)?

3. What you would start researchin about, if you were me?

P.S. I promise I'll keep the list all the time constantly informed about
results and findings, but please help me to find a good subject. I don't
want to discover something that has already been known by the majority of
you. Instead I think some of you could have some technical questions
bothering but no possibility to find answers for missing of instrumentation
or facilities.

 Marco Denicolai

 Tellabs Oy                        tel: +358 9 4131 2769

 Access Networks - xDSL Products   mobile: +358 50 353 9468

 Sinikalliontie 7                  fax: +358 9 4131 2410

 02630 Espoo  FINLAND              email: marco.denicolai-at-tellabs.fi