[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Using neons for limiting?

I assume you are running at 120V (btw, that must be a monster
potential transformer.. 4KVA?). If so, you can use that shorted neon
as a limiter. I tried that after hearing about people using shorted
MOTs as limiters. In my case, I just kept stacking my neons in parallel
till I had the power I wanted.
Unfortunately I was limited to 1.8KVA input.. and wanted more, so I have
evolved to a welder.

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net