[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: IMPORTANT: RESEARCH ON WHAT/ follow up

Hi Marco
I wanted the dust to settle on your request before I responded.

Question 1 is for you. Why is the Helsinki University interested in Tesla
Coils?

Question 2. Will your Ph.D. be in Physics or Electrical Engineering?

Keep these questions in mind when you develop your dissertation research
topic.
Make sure you intersect your mission with the University.

As many of our list members appropriately pointed out, the dynamics of
electrical
discharges is not completely understood, while coil building (albeit
refined) does not
appear problematic. In fact, my sense is, the coils will become HV tools
for deeper
research.

Remember, your Ph.D. dissertation must make a unique and valued
contribution to the
sciences. Use the valued experience of our list members so you don't
reinvent technical wheels.
You are, indeed, in an enviable position to advance knowledge surrounding
what Tesla did
many years ago. While my Ph.D. is in Computer Science from the Illinois
Institute of Technology,
I offer you any support I can (probably off list) and good researching!
John

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Computer Science and Mathematics
Aurora University, Aurora IL 60506
Office: 630-844-5539     Fax: 630-844-7830