[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First coil - questions

to: Keith

Your coefficient of coupling is way too tight.  The lowest turn of the sec.
coil should start 1 1/2 inches ABOVE the primary horizontal plane and the
primary to coilform spacing should be 1 1/2 inches also for most small
coils.  Use a complete flat Archemedian spiral for the primary.  If you
have had any white (hot) sparks from primary to secondary you will probably
have to rewind the sec coil and it now has small pinprick strike damage and
will start breaking down with continued use.  Make the above listed changes
and you should not have any more problems with your system.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net