[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Self-built power transformer

I *think* I've got that problem figured out. There will be 5 windings on
top of
each other, so the primary can take 30A. I've calculated the inductance for
that primary at 101.7687875 mH (it's wound on commercial iron).That gives an
inductive reactance of 38.37 ohms at 60Hz. Not exactly a short circuit.