[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: homemade ferrite torroid

Your steel wire toroid may have a very desirable characteristic for cores,
if the steel wires cannot conduct to each other (varnished or painted), that
is there will be no eddy currents to sap your power and heat the core.  I
have use florists soft iron wire for cores but not power transformers.  Your
biggest risk is probably saturation.  Good luck, and let us know what
happens.

Will