[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1st time

I have never constructed a coil so bear with me while I ask some perhaps
odd questions. I am actually a horticulturist  so keep your answers on a
less than technical level.  My interest in the coils are more along the
lines of what they can do rather than how to construct one....
1.  What type of discharge is emitted at the top of the coil. Is it
positive of negative or alternating between the two?
2. The secondary is grounded and it is my understanding that "the
current is at a maximum the voltage is at a minimum while at the top of
the primary the voltage is at a max. the current is a minimum."   By
current I assume amperage is at a max. at the secondary ground.  Is this
current positive or negative at the secondary ground.?
3. Transformers are used in the coil. What is the incoming 60 cycle AC
transformed to?
4. How does a magnifying transmitter work.? More importantly what does
it do?
5. What other types of current will work with a coil? In essence  has
anyone experimented with different types of power sources such as
alternators or generators. ( Tesla once constructed a 300+ pole
generator.)