[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Peak Charge?

Greg - my pennies worth,

In some theorys Vcap=Vp (Vac*1.414).
However, the cap will periodically see Vp-p (Vac*1.414*2). Another theory
which
I like says the sparkgap sets the caps Vp limit, but there will still be times
when p-p potentials occur. As far as Vp occurrances to Vp-p, Vp is way ahead.
Vp-p is usually considered when designing a cap. As you know, Vp-p will occur
at times and a cap should be designed to withstand this occurrance. This is
also the reason to build cap safety gaps.

Bart