[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Crazy idea for a spark gap

I just had a fairly certifiable idea for a spark gap, and I'd like to
get some reactions on it. What if I were to cap a 2' segment of 2" PVC
pipe at one end, put in two electrodes (probably .25" hex bolts) about
.25" apart at the ends, coming from opposing sides of the pipe just
about the cap, seal the electrodes' entry points, fill it with distilled
water up to the top, and fire it on my coil (3 kVA)? Would it work
(boiling off a lot of water is acceptable, so long as it could run for a
reasonable amount of time), or would it disintegrate in a dramatic way
that it would be inadvisable to be within 10 feet of?

--
           --Mr. Postman (Doug Brunner)
                <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>