[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Glass Caps, Etc.

Adam, this phenomena is completely normal.  the extra energy per time is
dissapated as a loud crack each time the salt water cap is charged.  It should
appear to be somewhat brighter than just the plain steady old 60 hz arc that
the NST makes when normally shorted.  the cap DOES raise the current by
pulses,
but remember, it also shortens the duration.  Simple law of conservation of
energy. ;-)  fire like discharges are a sign of steadily ionized particles,
and
in the case with the capacitor in parralel, it is anything but steady.

--
Cabbott Sanders
Salem Oregon