[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oops ? To A.C Kuntz Oops ? To A.C Kuntz

>Original Poster: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>
>to: AC
>
>Yes, you could design an inductor to do it all without the resistor.
Just
>add approx $800.00 per unit for all the extra silicon steel laser cut
core
>material you will be buying.  As for us, we prefer the $10.00 resistor
--
>it works just fine when used precisely as I have described.

True if you prefer "high-dollar" inductor construction for simple 60hz
reactor then you are better off using resistors. Surely an economical
reactor for tesla coil use is possible? how do they offer "10kWatt "pole
pigs" for only $94?? I bet they dont have $800 steel cores in them!!
Anyhow the power bill is paid by the final tesla coil customer.