[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Oops ? To A.C Kuntz Oops ? To A.C Kuntz

> True if you prefer "high-dollar" inductor construction for simple 60hz
> reactor then you are better off using resistors. Surely an economical
> reactor for tesla coil use is possible? how do they offer "10kWatt "pole
> pigs" for only $94?? I bet they dont have $800 steel cores in them!!
> Anyhow the power bill is paid by the final tesla coil customer.

Oooh! I can answer this one:
We are only paying for the rebuild. Or as is more often the case
for the 'take the parts from 3 pigs and make one'.
Most of us buy our pigs from rebuild or salvage companies, though I
do envy the $94 pig.. mine ran $200 for a 5KVA. I still consider it a
deal.

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net