[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: arc welder in series

On Wed, 07 Oct 1998 02:51:27 -0600 in Tesla List, Bill the arcstarter
<arcstarter-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote:

>My welder draws about 35 amps at 240 volts (it's a 180-amp welder)

Bill, are you sure that's WITH the secondary shorted! Welders pull
much less power when their secondaries are open as compared to shorted.
When used as a ballist for a pole pig you MUST short the secondary of
your welder and connect the primary of the welder in series with your
pole pig.
                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]