[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arc Impedance Study

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <terryf-at-verinet-dot-com>

> >A curious thing: the 1/(2*pi*RC) frequency for 197K and 21.3pF is 38kHz.
>
> In fact, it is exact!  F=1/(2*pi*R*C) is equivelant to R=1/(2*pi*F*C) which
> is also equal to the capacitive reactance Xc=1/(2*pi*F*C) which is the
> basic definition I used to calculate the 197k ohms.  ;-))

But then why doesn't the same thing work on your coil,
with 282K, 3pF, and 111kHz?

> It seems to favor the positive peaks somewhat.  I will have to look at this
> specifically this weekend to really see if that is true.

Mine favors the pos peaks as well, which agrees with
the published literature on polarity preferences of
sphere-to-plate spark gaps.

Keep up the good research, you're definitely
pushing the knowledge front in the area of
arc creation and maintenence for TC's.
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org