[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid = shorted turn ?Experiment:

In a message dated 10/9/98 5:56:40 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:
  All,

  Here's an experiment for everyone to try (with wife's permission or when
she's not around).
  Take a foil bake cup, as used for cup cakes, and place in microwave on high
(toroid with center).  Note that nothing happens.  Now cut out just the bottom
of the cup leaving a foil ring (toroid with no center)  Pop in microwave and
note all the sparks from being a shorted turn.  A neat demonstration even
though the R.F. is applied in a different manner as a Tesla Coil.  An old
microwave is suggested for experiments.

Kevin E.