[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST Resonant Charging?

<< Break Rate  Overcharge

 --

> -GL

Greg,

Thanks for this modeling data.

Even 25% voltage gain at 120 BPS is a good power increase.
I measured 32kV peak from a 12kV NST at 120 BPS (140volt
output variac), under resonant charging conditions.

I agree that the erratic firing of wide static gaps may destroy the
NST's, but I have not had a problem using sync gaps at 120 BPS,
even with old NST's.  I get good efficiency at the 120 BPS;  64"
sparks at 1570 watts.

Very large coils may become inefficient at the low break rates because
of the large primary currents needed, I don't have the room to test
this   :(

John Freau