[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Very low Fo Coils (was:not so scary idea)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "L. Robertson" <LWRobertson-at-email.msn-dot-com>
>
> Hi Ed ...
>
> I'm sorry but I don't remember now. Should I ever return
> to Northridge I'll look it up again.
>
> LR
>
> >Original Poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
> >
> >"Hi
> >
> >While perusing the library at UC Northridge some time
> >ago I happened upon one of Ryan's books on high
> >voltage testing. One of the generators was a Tesla coil
> >in all but name, consisting of about 20 stacked iron core
> >sections with little toroids between each, and a big one
> >on top. Fo was 180 Hz, and it was fed by a tripler directly
> >off the 60 Hz feed.
> >
> >LR":
> >
> > Interesting.  Never heard of that one.  Was there a single primary, and
> >was the thing resonant??
> >
> >Ed

There are photos in the McGraw Hill Encyclopedia of Science and
Technology (avail in most public libraries). Look under Resonance
Transformer.
--
Jim Lux                               Jet Propulsion Laboratory
ofc: 818/354-2075                     Mail Stop 161-213