[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary size

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Brian,
> Most will probably tell you that your system is overcoupled. They're also
> right
> in most instances. Your description ("arcing from top to bottom and all
around
> the secondary") pretty much tells the story. When you fire it up, and see
the
> first sign of this, it's time to power down! John Corture's program uses
> information from many coils to design in coupling. Most either build
under of
> over coupled systems to some degree. The fact is, once it's built, it's
built!
> Therefore, many will increase primary to secondary spacing by raising the
> secondary up a bit until the sparkover's stop. I don't want to get into
the ol
> "raising the secondary" discussion again, as there is a lot of info in the
> archives if your curious, but I think it is worth mentioning the fact that
> what
> you are getting is an overcoupled sparkover and what many have done to
resolve
> it.

Hello Bart, All:

If this is the case of overcoupling causing secondary breakdown/turn-to-turn
flashover, then what about magnifiers?  How do you prevent arcs from
appearing up
and down the secondary of an extremely coupled resonator such as this?
Look at
magnifier 13M for example........

--
Cabbott Sanders