[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Still more ballast problems w/Pig

Dwight,
   Taming the pig is not difficult. My coil operates from a 25 KVA pole
pig at 14.4 kv.. I use 4 different transformers to ballast current.
Three microwave transformers and a power transformer in series with
their secondaries shorted. If I use all four I get 5.2 KW. If I use
three I get 9 KW. And if I use only two I get 18 KW. At 18 KW the
circuit would last about one minute before incinerating. I can run
continously at 5.2 Kw (no overheating) at 9 Kw I could run for 15 or 20
min before the circuit heats up. I bought the microwave transformers at
a supply house for only $5.00 a piece. I hope this helps.

paul m