[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV power source.

>Like a standard automotive "condensor"... They have low internal
>inductance, relatively low loss, and they are designed for the
>application.
   Actually, the condenser that comes with the car coil is just for noise
suppression.  You will want to find the right capacitance that will eliminate
the spark in the relay(or what ever type of break controller you use).  It
wouldn't hurt to try it since it comes with it, but you will probably need
more capacitance than it will provide.   I tried many different values and
never found the "perfect" one.  I wound up replacing the relay several times
before going with a neon tranny.  You might look into a solid-state ignition
circuit and try that out, since the relay would then see much less current.
Mike