[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First light, and a poor performance

- snip -

<<    For the future, I plan to re-wire the bottom end electronics, replacing
 the
 1mm wire with 2mm or larger in order to reduce what small losses may be
 present
 there. I am going to try to build some salt water cap in order to check the
 theory about high losses in the ceramic caps.   When I am happy that the
 coil is
 performing as well as it is going to, I want to construct a 6"x20" coil.
     Thanks to everyone on the list for the help and advice which has
 enabled me
 to get this thing running OK, especially mike for the help today.

Stephen,

I would suggest increasing your winding length on the planned 6" x 20" coil.
My 6" coil winding length is 27.6" long and the coil produces sparks in excess
of three times the winding length.  You will gain increased distance between
the primary and the toroid and a lower resonant frequency as well.

Ed Sonderman