[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Any Very High Freq. TCs?

I have been looking for a while and I have yet to see any real mention
of the significance of the overall operating frequency of a TC other
than it is best to have the primary and secondary resonances tuned to
the same frequency. I was just wondering if the standard TC topology
is still useful at very high frequencys like at 1 Mhz or even much
higher?  In principal I don't see any reason why the whole concept
should not scale  nicely and produce a perfectly good high performance
design that would only need to be a small  fraction of the size of the
ones we usually see. It would be a lot of fun to have half a million
volts at 1 GHz operating on my kitchen table : ) Is there some
particular flaw in this scaling idea other than the difficulty in
producing a spark gap capable of operating at these very high
frequencys.

Thanks: Steve
adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com
Dallas Texas