[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Argon, Fruengel, sparkgaps oh my!

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Bill the arcstarter" <arcstarter-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>

> The local welding shop charges me $23.53 to refill a 125 cu ft tank (a
> standard ~4-ft tall cylinder) with welding-grade argon (99%).  A 15-yr
> lease on one tank is $130 or so - not too expensive, and typically
> returnable (although pro-rated).  I have such a tank for TIG welding
> (and other diversions!).
>
> You will find that your local welding shop can provide you with many
> amusing gasses including He, various Ar/He mixes, H, and others...
>
> -Bill the arcstarter
> Starting arcs in Cinci, OH
> http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6160

Bill is correct..... so many folks whine about locating odd gases  I had a
biding war between three shops here stumbling over themselves to supply me
with 50 liter cylinders of 999 deuterium for my Fusor.  DO NOT GO TO A
CHEMICAL FIRM or scientific supply house!!!!  You will be ripped off!!!

I checked Matheson (scientific professsional gas supplier) on a 20 liter
lecture bottle for my first D2 buy.  They wanted $205.00.   A local good
ole boy weldin' joint got me a 20 liter cylinder for $135.00.  I snapped it
up.  When I picked it up it was still in the original shipper's
wrapper......................  you guessed it....... it was 999 pure
deuterium 20 liters from MATHESON!

Never go to the top an buy anything until you've rolled around in the dirt
first!

Richard Hull, TCBOR