[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: frequency

Hi Chris,

> Just read some stuff on high frequency coils.  I'm working on that at the
> momnet.  I'm building a low voltage high currnet transistor driver which
> will allow adjustable frequency.  It will only go to about 1-200hz though as
> anyhting higher and the voltage will drop right off.
>
> The way I see it ( with my coil as examp ) Input is 50Hz and main output is
> 200Khz, I'm sure that a input of 100Hz will double the main frequency to
> 400Khz.  Only problem then is I'd need to build a coil alf the hight to
> lower the inductance to get the higher frequency.  Doing this will also half
> the power output.  So the way I see it, double the frequency will half the
> coils output.

It doesn't work like that. The primary BPS is the rate at which you
discharge your primary cap into the primary coil. It has nothing
whatsoever to do with the frequency the system resonates at which is
determined by some rather high Q tuned circuits.

Malcolm

 > Or it may not make any differance at all.  Thats why I'm
trying a > experiement with it very soon.