[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Argon gaps

Hi Michael,

	The high voltage clearances would have to be at least doubled in argon.
Also the container would have to be able to safely handle any parts flying
off.  An aquarium for, example may, be a bad choice because it might
shatter if hit by a loose electrode.  You must also allow for the
connections to enter the chamber for the gap and motor.  There must also be
some provision made for gas expansion with weather and temperature.  You
must also think about if you accidentally over-pressure the chamber, can it
safely vent the high pressure without exploding.  Argon's other properties
are much like air so these are the only concerns I know of at this time.

	Terry