[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Gas Properties and Gap Cooling

Hi All,
	Perhaps someone who is better at the chem-mystery stuff than I am can
answer this.

My spark gaps now can work in three gasses.  They are air, argon, and
helium (the party supply store set me up. :-)).  I have a powerful fan
(85W) and, of coarse, the gap that depend an "air" cooling to keep them
from frying.

My question is, does either argon or helium have significantly less cooling
capacity than air?  I don't want the gap or the blower to overheat with a
different gas as their cooling medium.  This is all at normal air pressure.
 I have looked at the books but with all the densities, mols, specific.....
 I got lost!

Thanks,

	Terry