[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Very High Freq. TCs => The true microwave danger...

  Louis,

 DNA, or Dextro Nucleic Acid (not completely sure about the spelling) is
not affected at great extent by microwaves. Water molecules are.
Microwave ovens radiate at 2.45GHz, which is close to water's resonant
frequency. The microwaves heat the water by making it's molecules move
with the wave (at the positive half cycle it attracts the oxygen and the
molecule does a half turn. At the negative half cycle it attracts the
hydrogen and the molecule turns around. This movement causes friction,
which in turn produces heat).
 Mobile phones operate far from water's resonant frequency and therefore
have little effect to organisms. This thing about microwaves causing
mutations, DNA damage and others arises from the fact that most people
associate microwave radiation with radiation from radioactive materials.
MW radiation is not very energetic and is therefore is completely unable
to cause any ionisation or changes to materials (other than heating
them). Remember: Microwaves are between infrared and UHF (television
broadcasting waves). If neither of those two cause DNA damage,
Microwaves certainly won't.
 The true danger of microwaves is the fact that they are very
efficiently reflected by metals, and can be created at very high energy
levels. My focusable microwave gun can actually EXPLODE organic material
with only 1KW power output.
 Note, however that for an omni-directional source (such as an antenna
or the toroid of a Tesla coil), power would go down by the square of the
distance (because the waves will form a circle around the source, and
the area of a circle is calculated by A=r2 (if I remember right). So you
could be standing 1 meter away from the source and feeling only slight
warmth. Stepping closer would prove fatal.
 Furthermore I would like to add that while experimenting with antennas
and waveguides for my microwave gun I accidentally microwaved myself.
Power level was about 800W, and energy concentration was very low
because the waves were out of focus. Still, I felt an intense heat in my
entire chest and neck. Microwaves are fairly penetrating so I was
probably being heated down to 1 inch (lungs and heart included). It felt
very strange. Like being heated by a powerful hair dryer. My chest
turned red, but that went away after a few minutes. And I'm still
here... No cancer, DNA mutations or anything else. I have researched a
lot on microwaves (generation, behaviour, effects...) and this only
proved right what I knew about them: They do nothing but heat materials
containing polarised molecules (specially water).

 Questions and comments are welcome!