[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Argon gaps

<<<< There is a fan in the enclosure with the gap that blows the gas around
very well.  The enlosure's sides are made of glass and I assume the heat
will be conducted through the glass and leave the outer surface through
convection.  The glass area should be large enough the dissipate the gap's
heat and the fan's heat and stay at about 50C max temp.  Of course, time
will tell what really happens.  I worked on the gap yeasterday and will
continue today.  All is going very well - Terry >>>>

Tesla List wrote:
> From: "Edward J. Wingate" <ewing7-at-frontiernet-dot-net>
>
> Original Poster: Michael Tucknott <Michael.Tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>
>
> Hi Terry and all
>
> Have been reading the post about static gaps and Argon gas.
> If the Argon stops gap erosion what do you think of building a RSG
> in a sealed environment and filling it with argon.

Michael,

Where is all the heat generated by the gap going to go ?

Ed Wingate RATCB