From: Tesla List +ADw-tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com+AD4-
To: tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com +ADw-tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com+AD4-
Date: Sunday, September 06, 1998 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: Spark Gap Gasses Experiment

+AD4-Original Poster: Steve Rodway +ADw-Legion+AEA-bigfoot-dot-com+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-Tesla List wrote:
+AD4-
+AD4APg- Has anyone tried out gaps at higher preassure? I'd assume quenching
+AD4APg- would get better as the recombination time of the ions were
lowered.
+AD4APg- Higher
+AD4APg- preassure would most surely do that. At higher preassure the atoms
are
+AD4APg- packed more closely and possibility of collitions needed for
recombination
+AD4APg- would rise.
+AD4-
+AD4-    At work we have a hydrogen spark gap with operates at up to 30atm
+AD4-pressure, it is not used with tesla coils, but it is in a capacitor
discharge
+AD4-circuit, and the quenching is INCREDABLE, we can operate it with
primary
+AD4-energies of 10's of joules per discharge with rep rates over 5KHz,
and even
+AD4-then it is not the gap which is the limiting factor, but the system
it is
+AD4-driving.
+AD4-
+AD4-