[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pigs and X-Ray Cabling

I have also used some of the Xray cabling for my tesla coil.  I run a 10
KVA pig with a welder for current limiting.  The cabling I use sounds
pretty similar with the multiple conductors and shielding.  What I did was
use a 15 foot chunk for each lead.  i stripped back about 8 inches of hte
shielding on each end and covered the exposed edges with electrical tape.
The conductors on the inside were all tied together.  I haven't had any
problems witht the cables at all.  I just let them lay on the ground
(usually dirt) and not worry about arcing between them.  The cable I have
came from an CT scanner which has an Xray tube in it.  If you expect
longer streamers than I did, go ahead and make  the leads longer.  Happy
Coiling!  Mike Bauer